Thank you for considering Dogwood Pediatric Dentistry, your home for children’s dentistry in Savannah and Statesboro, GA. As providers of dentistry for children, we’re glad to offer a plethora of preventive dentistry services in our warm and welcoming, family-friendly environment. While we pride ourselves on the dental care that we offer, we’re well aware that patients have many options to choose from. In fact, when choosing a dentist, you may notice that there’s a number of different types of dentists – from general to cosmetic to family. We want to take this time to tell you why you should come and visit us for all your children’s dental needs instead of visiting a general dentist.
The Difference Your Kid’s Dentist Offers
While the obvious difference between children and adults when it comes to dental care is that children’s teeth occasionally fall out, there’s actually so much more to take into consideration. Children require their very own specialized attention and care; unlike general dentists, pediatric dentists are capable of giving that to them. Pediatric dentists have extra training beyond dental school which allows them to better understand the needs of children. While general dentists and pediatric dentists may both be equally qualified and skilled in helping patients, general dentists don’t have the same training to specifically deal with all of a child’s unique needs.
Advantages of Your Kid’s Dentist
There are many reasons why you should consider going to a pediatric dentist in Savannah and Statesboro like us over a general dentist. Here are just a few of them:
- Pediatric dentists require an additional two years of training beyond dental school. In these two years, they’ll learn valuable skills that will provide exclusive dental benefits to children. They’ll learn about child behavior and psychology, the treatment of developing teeth, and the ability to make kids feel more comfortable during treatment.
- At Dogwood we are focused on the treatment of kids, which means there’s a greater emphasis on preventive dentistry and stopping any bad oral habits. This proves to be much more helpful for children, especially in the long term.
- Additionally, pediatric dentists offer many beneficial services to help ease the nerves of children, such as sedation dentistry.
- A dentist’s office for kids will typically provide a much more kid-friendly and comfortable environment.
- Since dental care is often provided exclusively to children, your pediatric dentists will have unparalleled levels of experience when it comes to dealing with kids.
Visit Us for Fun and Professional Children’s Dentistry!
If you’re interested in scheduling an appointment with us for your child in Savannah or Statesboro, GA, please feel free to give us a call at (912) 298-KIDS or (912)-402-KIDS. Alternatively, you can request a visit through our website. We can’t wait to see you and provide your child with the best and most personalized dental care in our dentist’s office for kids!